"Happiness is like a butterfly;the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."-Thoreau

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Tales from Opossum's World

Today was one HOT mutha of a Saturday. Cindy and I woke up and went to breakfast at Jimmy's Restaurant in Mint Hill with Grandma and Grandpa. We used to eat breakfast at Jimmy's at least every Saturday before Abby was born. It was nice to be able to get part of our old routine back and letting Abby be a part of another thing we both enjoy. After breakfast, we came home and I cut the grass and put out a round of organic lawn treatment. Even at 10:00am it was already 89 degrees. By the time I finished (with several small breaks) the temperature had risen to 95 degrees. So at 12:00pm I headed in for a shower and some lunch. Abby's grandparents in Alabama now both have webcameras which allow them to see Abby and talk to Cindy and I. But let's be honest, the main reason is so they can see Abby. We talked to Nana and Pop last night and Grammy and Paw Paw after lunch today. While the video is a bit jumpy at times, it's clear enough that they can see Abby smiling, playing in her jumperoo and making her little squealing sounds. Our family uses http://www.skype.com/ to keep in contact with each other via webcam for free. It's a great way to feel like you can "visit" with one another even if we are separated by several states.

After Cindy left for a shopping visit, Abby and I sat down and she curled up with me for a nap. I like to think of myself as her "daddy water bed" since I am warm and squishy. She slept from 3:00 until 5:30, a great nap for Abby. Right now we are getting ready for a bath (which she loves) and one final bottle before bedtime.










Abby snoozes on daddy one hot Saturday afternoon.













Please pray for my daddy, he is crazy.

No comments: