"Happiness is like a butterfly;the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."-Thoreau

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Father's Day Eve

Tomorrow is Father's Day and I'm pretty excited to celebrate this year with Cindy and Abby. We're heading over to Uncle Michael's and Aunt Helen's house for a barbecue after church but unfortunately I have to go to work at 4:00. This afternoon Cindy had to attend the Butler High School graduation ceremonies in Charlotte. Abby took a nap from 2:00 until 4:00 and then she woke up screaming for a bottle. She ate 7 ounces and then was ready to play with daddy! We "explored" the house for about 45 minutes and looked at all of the things on the bookshelves, end tables and out the windows. Then we played for about 30 minutes on her play mat and she showed me how good she is at rolling over. She's such a smart girl. About 5:30 I gave her a bath and I got soaked with her constant splashing. She really gets wound up in the tub and likes to kick her legs and make miniature waves that splash her. In the meantime Cindy and I get splashed in the face and all over our arms. I thought she would be ready to eat around 6:00 so I tried to give her a bottle before bed. Abby had other plans. She would not take her bottle or eat any of her sweet potatoes or pears. I gave up after 15 minutes of gagging her and having her cry with big tears come down her face. She is so pitiful sometimes. We finally explored a bit more until she acted tired. I rocked her for about 5 minutes and she was asleep by 6:45. I'm surprised she hasn't woken up ready for another bottle, but so far she has been snoozing. I guess exploring the house with her daddy is an exhausting task.













Cindy and Abby heading out for an early morning stroll on Saturday.

















Abby reaching for the camera.

No comments: