"Happiness is like a butterfly;the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."-Thoreau

Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Living Example... My dad, my grandfather, my husband, my father in-law

As we all reflect on Father's day I am so blessed to have such amazing men in my life. All of these men are living examples of Godly men and a model of wonderful dads for others to look up to. My dad is so dear to my heart. He has always been a provider, a discplined man of God, hard-working, loving, and so much more. I thank God that I was blessed with such a wonderful father to guide me through life's journeys. Daddy I love you so much! He only set the standard for the husband that I picked out, my sweet Heth. Wow, has he amazed me as a daddy to our little Abby. From the moment he laid eyes on Abby he fell in love and only continues to love her more each day. He sings to her, makes her laugh, reads books to her, holds her for naps on the weekends (just because he loves cuddling with her), goes into her room EVERY night and kisses her good night and tells her that he loves her. He also protects her, and always wants to make sure Abby is comfortable. Heth has always been an amazing husband and even though he loves his Abby he always makes sure that our relationship comes first, and that means the world to me. If you ever meet Heth's father, you'll understand why Heth is who he is. My father in-law is also a wonderful example of a Godly man and parent. Heth really looks up to his dad and if you met him you would understand. His dad is such a caring, kind, selfless man that loves his family dearly. Furthermore, the common thread among all of these wonderful men is their desire to follow God in all aspects of their lives. So, here's to all those wonderful men in our lives who have blessed us in ways that they can't imagine, I love you all and wish you blessings and a Happy Father's Day!

No comments: