"Happiness is like a butterfly;the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."-Thoreau

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Officially a Goodwill addict....

Okay, so I officially have an addiction to shopping at our local Goowdill store. And I refuse to release the location of the gold mine I have found near our house. My mom and I have been frequently, I won't say everyday but at least every other day, shopping and finding some incredible treasures. Here's just a sampling of what we've found recently: a great pack-n-play for my mom to have at her house, a Little Tykes picnic table with umbrella for an unreal price (it was brand new by the way), I found some Juicy couture pants, Tommy Hilfiger Jeans, Gymboree clothes for Abby, a radioflyer bike, baby dolls,etc. We have seriously found some great toys for Abby for crazy cheap prices. And, to top that off on Tuesdays senior citizens get a 25% discount and with my mom there we take advantage of that as well. Should I feel bad for getting a discount at the Goodwill?? I'm really not that cheap, just thrifty sometimes :) and amazed at what great things we can find. If I had the time I could shop all the stores and start selling my booty on Ebay. But for now I can just be proud of all the treasures we're finding and soon enough the garage that we won't be able to park a car inside!

3 comments:

The Slocumb Family said...

Girl, that is great! I need to find a place like that around here. Do not feel bad...you found the gold mine so shop your heart out! Have fun finding lots a little treasures.

Alison said...

I'm not sure how Heth would feel if you sold your "booty" online. Sorry, I couldn't pass that one up! :) I can see Heth laughing right now....

Courtney said...

I'm jealous! We're to the point now where we need bigger toys and I just don't want to pay full price for something MD's going to get bored with in 3 minutes! I guess I'll have to scope out my local Goodwill... Congrats!