"Happiness is like a butterfly;the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."-Thoreau

Friday, July 11, 2008

Just in case she ever wonders...

Just in case my Abby ever wonders how much her mom loves her I wanted her to get a glimpse into my heart. If you're reading this and think its a little sappy, well it may be. But, be reminded that I waited for my baby girl for 3 years, so just let me enjoy this mommy moment and document it for Abby to read one day.

My dearest Abby,
This time last year I was dreaming about your every detail. What color your hair would be, what your name would be, what your little baby hands and feet would look like. Now it's been almost six months since you stepped into our world and changed our lives for the better. With every day you bring me more and more joy. Your smiles, your laugh, the way you hold your arms straight back when I hold you, all the sounds you make, the way you try and smile at me and take your bottle at the same time, and I could just go on and on. As I held you tonight I looked at your light golden brown hair, long eyelashes, big blue eyes, little fingers wrapped around my index finger, little baby arms, sweet round nose, heart shaped lips, and thought about how God was able to form this perfect baby girl- what a miracle in itself. In the midst of my joy I was overwhelmed by the love I felt for you. I just sat tonight and held you so tight and close to me that I know you felt my heart beating. You made noises as if you were humming a song to me. I was trying to soak up every emotion I felt over the past six months and praise God for giving you to us. As I waited for you to enter into this world for 3 years I only imagined how much I could love you and by far underestimated the depth of my love for you. I simply cannot take my feelings and find the words to write, it can't do my feelings justice. In this moment, I was also reminded of how our heavenly Father feels an even greater love for us and yet we can go days without looking up to glimpse at His glory. How He must feel when those that He loves never spend time with Him, yet He is always there waiting for us. I hope that we can teach you all of these things one day, and I thank God for your life and what a blessing it has been for me. So, just in case you ever wondered how much I love you, it is the deepest greatest love that my heart can't put into words.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Thanks for sharing your heart. Abby's a lucky girl to have such a sweet mommy :)