"Happiness is like a butterfly;the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."-Thoreau

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!

Today Heth and I had a short celebration of the 4th up at Birkdale village in Huntersville. We loaded up around 9:30 this morning and drove to Birkdale with Miss Abby. She enjoyed looking at the big interactive water fountain, shopping in a few stores, watching the parade of kids in wagons and others that decorated their bicycles, and eating some lunch out. Grandma and Grandpa met us as we were eating some lunch and about that time Heth started getting a migraine headache. I could tell he wasn't feeling well so we decided to head home so he could lay down. I feel so bad for him when he gets them because there is nothing I can do except leave him alone and try to make as little noise as possible. Of course on the drive home Abby decides that she's going to talk and squeal like a happy little baby would, oblivious to the fact that she is making her daddy's head pound with her squeals of joy. After getting back home Heth has been resting upstairs and even got sick a few times. This is probably one of the worst migraines he has had in a while. I suggested (again) that he go to the doctor and see if there is some medicine(s) that he can try once he feels the onset of a migraine coming. I had a migraine one time when I was pregnant and I thought I was having a stroke, had blurred vision and then after it was over felt like I had been hit by a truck. So, even though out 4th wasn't as eventful as we had planned we did have a fun brief visit to Birkdale. Tomorrow we get to celebrate Heth's 31st birthday. I bought him a new flat screen TV for the family room. He has been wanting one for a few years now and decided to surprise him last night. Well, Abby should be waking up from her nap soon, but here's a few pictures of her in her patriotic outfit today. Hope everyone had a great 4th!


2 comments:

Allison Family said...

I hope that Heth is feeling better. I know how those migraines feel. I am glad that you guys had a great 4th and Abby looks so cute in her patriotic dress. She is getting so big. Happy Birthday Heth!

The Slocumb Family said...

Happy Birthday to Heth!

I have miagraines also and I had to go to the doctor. Zomig is great if you need a presciption. It works wonders!

Have a great weekend!