"Happiness is like a butterfly;the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."-Thoreau

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Abby's Weekend With Aunt Erica, PawPaw and Cousins Brody and Bryleigh


This past weekend Abby got to meet her aunt and cousins! Erica, Brody, Bryleigh and PawPaw Kendrick all came to see her on Friday and stayed until Monday morning. We all hung around the house, Brody and Heth did a lot of playing on the golf course, Bryleigh strolled around in her little walker all weekend, and Abby did her usual, eat, sleep, poop. We were glad that she got to meet her family. I can't wait until Bryleigh and Abby are a little older so they can play and hang out together. Some of the best times I've had were with my cousin Stephanie and I hope she will also be close to her cousins even though they live in Alabama.
I got out Abbys Baby Einstein play set and tried it out this weekend. She seems to really like looking around at all the objects hanging and the bright colors. Yesterday I am almost convinced that she made a little smile and tried to laugh. She is definitely making a lot more of her baby noises now. I tried to weigh her today and I think she is at least 9 and 1/2 pounds already. I can't believe how fast she is growing. Today I put on a little outfit that I brought her home from the hospital in and it looks like she's got on capri pants. It was a happy and sad moment for me. I want her to grow but I still want to think of her as my little baby girl. Heth and I were talking tonight about how these last four weeks of our life have been so different but now we can't ever imagine life without our Abby. After praying and waiting for so long God created a little girl that is perfect in every way for us.

No comments: