"Happiness is like a butterfly;the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."-Thoreau

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Abby's 4 Week Old 4AM Smiles


Last night I went into get Miss Abby as she was waking up around 4AM to find a happy little baby girl. She was wide awake and ready for her bottle. As I was getting ready to feed her I was talking and playing with her and she smiled at me 3 times!! I couldn't believe it. I was thinking it would take her a few more weeks before we would see her beautiful little face light up. I was so excited I went in and woke Heth up to let him know. The last few days I noticed she would give me half smiles but this was the real thing. It made that 4 AM feeding all the more worthwhile. I know there will be many more smiles to come in the days ahead.

No comments: