"Happiness is like a butterfly;the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."-Thoreau

Monday, March 10, 2008

A Smooth Spring Forward for Abby

I was worried about springing forward this weekend and Abby's little Biological rhythm being thrown off but she actually did great. She went to sleep last night around 7:45 and slept until 3 AM! That's right- a full seven hours of consecutive sleep. And last night she didn't have one of her major fussing spells as she knew she approached sleeping hour. I can't believe that she will be 8 weeks old on Weds., time is just going by so fast. As I was taking pictures of her this morning I was thinking about how hard it will be for me to return to work next week. I started worrying about all of the little things I would miss during the day. The new sounds she'll make and all the firsts that I might not be there for. It really made me sad. Then after she went to sleep for her morning nap I started praying about it and God sent me to a verse He has shown me for a second time since Abby was born,
Matthew 6:30-34. It reads, " O you of little faith, So do not worry saying, "What shall we eat?" or "What shall we drink?" or "What shall we wear?" For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
After reading these verses again it made me realize that He will take care of everything when I go back to work. I'm sure that first day will be hard but I need to learn to live for today and not worry about all of the tomorrows. I also remind myself that I want to be a living example for Abby. I never want her to worry about things but trust in God and live for each day. More importantly, I have learned so much about how selfish I really am by having this sweet little girl now. God has spoken to me and shown me so many of my own flaws through giving me this perfect innocent little girl. Its amazing how His hand is always working and weaving the threads of our lives. I try and remember to thank Him everyday for Abby as I waited and prayed for her for so long. Now I will pray that I can live for everyday and not the worries of tomorrow.

No comments: