"Happiness is like a butterfly;the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."-Thoreau

Sunday, March 23, 2008

First Roadtrip for Abby




Today was Abby's first road trip as we visited my grandfather for Easter. Doesn't she look adorable in her purple Easter dress? She even wore her little pearl bracelet today! She did look adorable. We left this morning around 7:30 and stopped at grandma and grandpas to eat breakfast and then hit the road. She did great sleeping almost the entire trip in her car seat. When we stopped to feed her and change her into her Easter clothes she seemed as happy as can be. Then.... we left to head to the church and she started screaming. She went into her ugly cry, the one that where she gets so mad that she holds her breath and I have to blow in her face. And yes, it scares me when she does this. I yelled for Heth to pullover and made her another bottle, she took another ounce and went right back to sleep. This girl knows what she wants, and if she's hungry you'd better feed this baby. She then slept through church and made it to my grandfather's house where she ate again, played and smiled at everyone for most of the afternoon. We left around 5 and she slept the entire trip home, only waking up when we were almost to grandma and grandpas house. I was so glad that she handled the day so well. In fact when we got home she let me rock and went right to sleep. She seems to be doing great since she started taking her medicine for acid reflux. I really think it has settled her tummy and she is not spitting up as much and less fussy after she eats. She really has been a great baby. More importantly she was able to spend time with her family; great grandpa, uncle Paul, cousins Matthew, Andrew, Steven, and Stephanie, Uncle Squat(Mack), Aunt Beth, and got to meet Naomi and Elaine this afternoon. It turned out to be a great first road trip for her. Next year this time we'll be dying eggs and going on Easter egg hunts. I can't wait!! There are so many things I look forward to doing with Abby and just being there to watch her have fun and see the excitement on her face. I already ordered her a monogrammed stocking for her first Christmas. I know its early but I can't wait to watch her open presents for the first time. Well its getting late and I am pretty tired myself.

No comments: