"Happiness is like a butterfly;the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."-Thoreau

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Back to Work :(




Who would want to leave this sweet little face to go back to work?? Yesterday morning it was so hard for me to leave little Abby. I did shed a few tears when I woke up and thought about how much I was going to miss her after spending so much time with her over the past nine weeks. I love her so much and can't begin to describe the joy she has brought me since she arrived that sweet January day. I am however so glad to know that grandma is looking after her and I don't have to worry at all about her during the day. My first day back went well. I have some great Anatomy students this semester and I honestly think they were glad to have me back after hearing all of the stories about the sub that was filling in for me. In a few weeks they may change their mind and wish the other guy was back ;) Today I was a little more tired than yesterday as I am trying to get used to getting up and working all day and then coming home and making sure Abby is taken care of and getting everything ready for the next day. My house is definitely not as neat and clean as it used to be. My mom has actually done most of the cleaning that has gotten done since Abby was born. She now takes priority over everything else.
Heth has been trying to fight off sickness over the weekend and finally today came home from work early to go to the doctor. I was convinced he was getting the flu but the doctor thinks it is just a bad sinus infection. He has had a fever and been very congested for several days now. The doc gave him some antibiotics and other meds so hopefully he'll be back to normal soon. Luckily the doc doesn't think it is anything contagious that Abby could get.


1 comment:

Courtney said...

Hey guys! Little Heth, I mean Abby,is just beautiful!!! You guys look great and seem to be perfect parents :) Take care...Courtney