"Happiness is like a butterfly;the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."-Thoreau

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Things I love..

There are so many little things that I love about our little Abby now. Things that I notice she does and how her personality seems to be evolving more and more everyday. I also wanted to document these so that I never forget them and can cherish them while they last. So, here are the just a few of the things I love about Abby:

1. I love that she has a full head of hair. Babies with hair are just cute.

2. I love how she sleeps with both arms straight out to the side- this is only her nighttime sleep position. She doesn't usually do this during her daytime naps.

3. I love how she stretches. This girl loves to stretch. She throws her head and arms back, pulls her legs in and pushes her butt out. She also scrunches up her face and raises her eyebrows.

4. I love that she loves to get her diaper off and kick her legs.

5. I love how she puts her left hand on the top of the bottle and holds your arm or finger with her right hand.

6. I love that she has found her hands and likes to lick them. I just hope she doesn't start sucking her thumb- she is trying really hard to figure that one out.

7. I love her coos and new sounds that she is making every day now. I seriously think she is going to be a talker. Sometimes it sounds like she's saying "Hey".

8. I love that she smiles at me now when I walk into the room or go to pick her up in the morning.

9. I love that she gags. This is the weirdest thing but she has a super sensitive gag reflex. You can put something on her mouth and she'll just gag. I really do think this is some kind of behavioral pattern she has developed and think she does it on purpose sometimes.

10. I love how she smiles and laughs at her pink monkey.

11. Most importantly I love being Abby's mommy. I never imagined how much I would love being a mother. I have never been a person to love babies in the past but I just love knowing that she needs me and this has to be the most fulfilling thing I've ever done in my life. She is learning new things from me everyday and depends on Heth and I to meet her basic needs. It really is a special feeling that I can't really put into words.

I could go on but I'm sure that was enough to make you want to gag. I hope I've been spelling that word right, it just doesn't look right. Anyhow, Heth called with some exciting news today. He got us a Ninetendo Wii. I know that is probably not exciting news to some of you but we have been wanting a Wii for quite some time now. I was going to buy him one for Christmas but waited too late and of course everyone was seeking them out and were impossible to find. He bought it from a lady that works with him and got a great deal. After he called me I went to Costco, I had to pick up some pictures anyways, and saw Guitar Hero for the Wii. How could I pass that up. I have had so many people tell me how much fun it is and I can't wait to play. I know you're probably wondering when we will have time to enjoy our Wii, but remember little Abby goes to bed around 7:30 now, so mom and dad will bust out the Wii after she goes to bed. If only she knew what went down after she goes to bed. Just ask Heth about learning the Soulja boy dance one night. Good times, good times...

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I love the way you and Heth have fun together. Watching you both, even from the BEGINNING, I thought you complimented each other perfectly. I'm glad the Wii will add to your enjoyment of each other. I think Patrick and I would enjoy a Wii...there is just too many other things on our "list"...one of these days, though.

And, I LOVE, love, love being a mom, too.