"Happiness is like a butterfly;the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."-Thoreau

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Are our babies full of bisphenol-A?

Today researchers released studies suggesting that plastic products containing bisphenol-A can leach into our food or drink. This especially became a concern to me as we use plastic baby bottles which contain the harmful toxin. I recently began paying attention to the studies and became even more concerned today when announcements were made that Canada is considering banning the chemical all together. I know you can't worry about everything since our lives seem to be surrounded with plastic products we use everyday but at least I can try to make a few changes. We have been using the Dr. Brown's bottles, which are not cheap to begin with, and they were on the list of bottles that contain the BPA. So, I decided to get online and buy some glass bottles. I was actually surprised to find some evenflo bottles that were very cheap and ordered them. It will just make me feel better knowing that harmful chemicals are not leaching into our little Abby's body everytime she eats. Will I ever know if it made a difference? probably not. Will I sleep better at night knowing that I tried to do everything in my power to be a good mom? the answer is yes.

No comments: