"Happiness is like a butterfly;the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."-Thoreau

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Abby's Visit to the Doctor

Today Abby saw Dr. Craig for the first time. I was worried that she was getting thrush and also had several questions to ask the doctor. Being a first time mom I think you just worry a little more and want to make sure that everything is okay. Dr. Craig said she was doing great! He checked her out and she did not have thrush. They also weighed her and she is already up to 8lbs. 3 oz.!! Heth and I were worried that we could be overfeeding her, but Dr. Craig said that she will take what she needs and apparently she takes after her mom and dads love for food and eating. I can't believe that she will be two weeks old tomorrow. Wow has time already flown by. I am sad that Heth is going back to work tomorrow and Abby and I will be on our own. He has been such a huge help for me and I will definitely be adjusting and learning how to multitask and get things done while she is asleep. Luckily I have my mom close by and she is always willing to help out. Her Mimi and Grandpa have been really good to us and kept her several times when Heth and I need to get out and get things done. I can't imagine not having them close by.

No comments: