"Happiness is like a butterfly;the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."-Thoreau

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Abby and Her Daddy


Abby loves her daddy! Her favorite place to sleep is laying on his chest in the recliner. He also sings to her and knows exactly what to do when she gets upset. I always knew he was going to make a wonderful father but he has just blown me away with all of his help, support and love for Abby. She will definitely be a daddy's girl! Don't be surprised when she knows the words to a few Hank Williams songs as he sings to her all the time.

Abby decided last night at 3 am she would be wide awake and not want to sleep. She was bright eyed and checking everything out instead of letting me sleep. She would sleep for 20 minutes and then be up again wanting some attention. Finally at 6 am she went back to sleep and i crawled back into bed to catch about 3 hours more of sleep. I will say that even though I am tired, I still look at her and can't believe the little miracle girl that God gave us and it makes it all worth it.

Finally, the breastfeeding thing is so much more demanding than I ever thought it would be but I am sticking with it. I know how good it is for her and also for myself as I had two grandmothers that had breast cancer. This morning the frustration left me a little when I stepped onto the scales and realized that I have already dropped 20 lbs. since Abby was born 6 days ago. I told you this girl was feeding well! When we visited the lactation consultant yesterday she weighed Abby and she was already up to 6lbs 12 oz. She was 6lbs 9oz. when she was born, dropped to 6 lbs. 5oz by the time we left the hospital. In fact the lactation nurse said you rarely see a baby above their birth weight until two weeks after their birth date. She definitely has an appetite!

No comments: