"Happiness is like a butterfly;the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."-Thoreau

Saturday, August 30, 2008

It's All happening so fast....

Some days I look at Abby and think that time is just going by way too fast. She seems to be reaching these developmental milestone so quickly. The past few days she has been able to go from a lying position on the floor to sitting on her own. She's been trying for a while but was successful yesterday, as witnessed by my dad while I was at work. I hate missing those first times but I did get to see it firsthand this morning. She is still on the verge of crawling as well. She gets up on her hands and knees and rocks back and forth, with a little leg movement every now and then. Soon she'll be all over the place and Heth and I will never be able to sit down. She also continues to babble, now using some different words adding da-da to the mix this week. Wow, has it really been 7 and half months?? I can't even remember what life was like before Abby and wonder what in the world Heth and I did with all of our time. Things are busy now, especially since I am back at work. I have some great students this semester in Anatomy and it really makes teaching enjoyable and fulfilling. It is refreshing to get off to another new start and look forward to the upcoming fall. I think Fall is my favorite time of year, the leaves changing, football, and cooler weather. I love it!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Ah, how fun! It's so cool to watch your baby learn how to get around on their own - except when it includes a tumble off the bed head first!

You are so right. It goes by way too fast AND it's so hard to miss those first when you're stuck at work. But, such is life! Enjoy :)

Melanie said...

Enjoy these transitional phases; they do go by very fast. Soon, she'll be out of the nursery and going to a "big girl" Sunday School class (*tears*).

I love the fall, too. For the very same reasons you mentioned. I can't believe another football season has started!