"Happiness is like a butterfly;the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."-Thoreau

Friday, August 15, 2008

I love naps!

I am so happy to say that Abby is oficially falling into longer naps and has dropped down to two. This has made my life so much easier. I really started working with her at the beginning of the summer and had her on a regular nap schedule at 9, 12 and 3. However, she was only napping for 45 mins. - one hour max, and sometimes only 30 mins. It was really hard to get anything done or relax during that short time period. I tried laying her down by herself earlier this summer and it didn't go over well, tried the letting her cry it out and she actually threw up one time. I just got the feeling this past weekend that she was ready to lay down and learn to go to sleep by herself. I was thrilled that she only cried the first day for 15 mins and then slept for one and half hours! Her cry time has continued to lessen each time and her naps have all been almost an hour and half each. She now naps at 9 and around 2. It is so nice to lay her down in her crib and she knows it's nap time and goes to sleep now. Crying it out didn't work until this week, so for some babies it works earlier but for Abby it took til she was almost 7 months. She has always been a great little happy baby and continues to prove herself. We also had a playdate today with Miss Audrey who is three and half months older than Abby. We went to the park and had lunch and Abby just loved watching all the other kids play on the playground. You could tell she wanted to get out there so bad. I told her next summer her and Audrey will be running circles around that place. Audrey is only 10 months and already walking! Wow! We headed to Target after our playdate and now she is snoozing away. We had a fun day out, and now just waiting on daddy to get home early since it's friday. I must also add that I have such a sweet husband. I've been a little bummed out about heading back to work next week, so he surprised me with flowers and a quick dinner date last night. He arranged for my dad and mom to keep Abby (without me knowing) so we could grab some dinner. It's so nice for us to just be by ourselves and talk about other things going on. I love him so much, he's such a great daddy and husband.

No comments: