"Happiness is like a butterfly;the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."-Thoreau

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

11 months old...





I can't believe my baby girl is 11 months old today! So exciting that she's happy, healthy and growing like crazy but I still look at her and see that tiny little
6 lb. 8oz baby girl. It's even harder for me to believe that in one month we'll be celebrating her first birthday. This year has flown and been one of the most challenging but fun years of my life. Wow, how your life can change so fast. Abby is now feeding herself and loves her snack foods more than anything else. In fact she went from eating lots of fruit and veggies to wanting only snack foods. I tried to tell her tonight a girl can't live on puffs and graham crackers:) I am trying new foods with her and she'll let you know she doesn't like it by throwing it right up. I have a kiddopotamus bib that's great because when she starts throwing up I can catch it in the little pocket and scoop it over to the sink and wash out the bib. She's also cruising around as long as she has something to hang on to and I won't be surprised if she's not walking real soon. Our baby girl is soon to be a toddler. She's into everything now, loves to dance, read her flap books, try to sing, laugh at her daddy's antics and gaze at the Christmas tree. I can't wait to see what she's going to think about Christmas!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Yeah! Happy Birthday, Abby! Yah, crazy how they realize that "some" foods are better than "other" foods. MD is on a kick right now where all he wants, for meals, is chicken nuggets and french fries. So cliche, but so true. Good luck to ya. She's a beautiful girl :) Oh, and Merry Christmas!